As a Teacher of Physics, you must be an outstanding classroom practitioner who consistently demonstrates the highest standards of delivery, fully committed to raising attainment across all key stages and acutely aware of the strategies required to achieve the highest standards within the subject area.
- To provide outstanding teaching to create a vibrant and distinctive culture for learning for students;
- To ensure all our students are able to thrive and engage in both academic and vocational learning to achieve above and beyond their highest potential whilst developing personal skills;
- To plan and execute a diverse programme that meets individual learner needs within Physics;
- Teaching students according to their educational needs, including the appropriate setting and marking of work to be carried out by the students;
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students whilst keeping electronic records as required;
- Contributing to reports and references relating to individual students;
- Ensuring that ICT, Literacy and Numeracy are part of the teaching and learning experience of students;
- Ensuring a high quality learning experience for students, which meets internal and external quality standards;
- Preparing and regularly updating subject materials;
- Using a variety of delivery methods, which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus;
- Maintaining discipline in accordance with the school procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and independent learning;
- Undertaking assessment of students as requested by external examination bodies, departmental and school procedures;
- Marking and grading students work which enables you to give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback ;
- Supporting and motivating students to allow them to grow and enhance their own skills in both achieving excellence in physics and their chosen career in the future.
- NCE/B.Sc in Physics or any related discipline
- Enthusiastic and friendly;
- Proactive team player;
- Integrity and tact;
- Good communication skill;
- Proficient in MS Office suite.