We are looking for a Cost Accountant to join our accounting department. You’ll be responsible for performing cost analyses and preparing budget reports.
- Collect cost information and maintain an expenses database
- Construct data accumulation systems
- Determine fixed costs (e.g. salaries, rent and insurance)
- Plan and record variable costs (e.g. purchases of raw material and operations costs)
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Prepare budgeting reports (for the company and for each department)
- Analyze and report profit margins
- Prepare (monthly, quarterly and annual) cost forecasts
- Assisting in month-end and year-end closing
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions
- Proven work experience as a Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst, Accountant or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with accounting software, like FreshBooks and Zoho
- Computer literacy, MS Excel in particular Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
- BSc degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant study
MODE OF APPLICATION: Interested applicant should forward updated CVs to the HR through this email address: email@example.com OR send application or bio data to the number under deck.
NOTE:Only those within Lagos should apply,and selected candidate will be contacted.